Keep up with the latest construction industry trends to stay ahead of your competition.
Here are seven trends that could affect how you conduct business as we move into the final year of the decade.
1. Better Construction Management Software: 2019 will see more large and small companies making use of affordable integrated software solutions.
2. Use of Drones: With costs of quality drones falling, usage will expand in 2019. The construction industry is changing rapidly and to cater to the booming demand and increased expectations, the role of technology would increase at every level of construction. It is expected that in the next 10 years, the use of drones in construction will register a manifold growth and for futuristic buildings, drones will play a leading role.
3. Green Design and Construction Technology: As was true in 2018, 2019 will also see more local aimed at fostering the green building trend.
4. Sustainability: Increasing interest in sustainability by millennial consumers and clients will require forward-thinking construction companies to accommodate this trend in 2019.
5. Modular, Prefabricated buildings: In 2019, construction with modular, prefabricated building units will gain more followers and fans in the real estate and construction industries.
6. Better Safety Equipment: 2019 will see a push toward better safety equipment to counter the higher number of construction-related accidents and fatalities seen in recent years.
7. Building Information Modeling (BIM): Used by architects and engineers to predict job costs and show how building materials and structures will hold up over time, BIM will soon be a requirement of construction and building codes.